Friday, September 5, 2008

Write the Light: Walk in the Light (Part 1)

The "God who said,‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ has shone in [my heart] to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ” (2 Corinthians 4:6)! My prayer is that God would empower me to let that light shine forth in my writing. I want to write the light. If you are a Christian and a writer (especially a creative writer), my hope is that you also will embrace the charge to write the light.

"This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin." I John 1:5-7

To become a skilled writer, we write, revise, read, write, revise, write, etc. But to become a skilled writer of the light, to reach those in darkness with the light of the gospel, we must seek to walk in the light.

In the next few posts, I will expound upon the reason for this blog, and what God has done in my own heart and life in regards to walking in and writing the light. May God richly bless you as you seek to glorify him in all that you do!

No comments: